In this podcast, I share a presentation about the employee-led improvements taking place at reuse nonprofit organizations Free Geek and The Rebuilding Center, with coaching and assistance from Lean Portland, a volunteer Benefit company of Lean consultants in Portland, Oregon. Free Geek is working on a daily management system and trying to increase the number of laptops they are processing each month. The Rebuilding Center has implemented changes to better process hardware donations for volunteers and staff. The presentation was given at the Association of Oregon Recyclers (AOR) Spring Forum on Reuse Systems and Organizations in Action on March 21, 2018 in Portland, Oregon. Speakers were Matt Horvat and Brion Hurley (Lean Portland), John Ashcraft (Free Geek) and Mike Alfoni (The Rebuilding Center).
- Video of Presentation
- Lean Portland: https://leanportland.com/
- Free Geek: https://www.freegeek.org/
- The Rebuilding Center: https://www.rebuildingcenter.org/
- Association of Oregon Recyclers: http://oregonrecyclers.org/
- Business Performance Improvement: http://www.biz-pi.com
- Recycling Advocates: http://www.recyclingadvocates.org