We are now reviewing presentations and gathering speakers for the 1st Annual Lean and Green Conference, to be held in Portland, Oregon on June 10-11, 2014 (Tuesday and Wednesday). Thursday will be an optional plant tour at a local facility (TBD). The conference will be held on the Portland State University campus.
UPDATE: Conference is being postponed until 2015. Sign up for the mailing list to get updates.
This event will be a great opportunity to network and learn from people who have a passion for the environment and process improvement, with an emphasis on Lean and Six Sigma tools and techniques. We will have a combination of group presentations, along with breakout sessions for more detailed discussions.
Potential topics include (subject to change):
- Energy Treasure Hunts
- Dumpster dives
- Lean and Green Business System
- Integrating green into existing improvement programs
- Case studies
- Green wastes
- Statistics for environmental data
- Driving employee behavior changes
- Personal carbon footprint reporting
- Education and certifications
- How to become zero waste
- Examples of improvement tools applied to the environment
- 5S, visual controls, VSM, regression, pictogram, control charts, mass balance analysis, impact matrix, hypothesis tests, attribute and variable gage R&R studies, design for the environment, biomimicry and 3P, and many more.
Who should attend?
- Lean and Six Sigma in-house and external consultants/experts
- Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H engineers)
- Government environmental agencies
- Environmental consultants
- Sustainability professionals/leaders
- Sustainable business leaders/managers
- Anyone interested in helping improve the environment!
If you, or someone you know, is interested in attending or presenting at this conference, please signup to our mailing list below, or contact us with questions. We will provide email updates on speakers, dates, pricing and travel information. Even if you’re not sure you can attend, sign up so we can gauge interest in the event.